At Rydal Penrhos Preparatory School, PSHE and Citizenship is central to all that we do.
We aim to provide a secure and caring atmosphere where moral and spiritual values will be developed throughout the whole curriculum. We believe that by developing the ‘whole person’ we will enable individuals to lead a rewarding, satisfying and fulfilling life.
Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education provides the opportunity for all members of the school team to explore and understand their own emotions and wellbeing, their relationship to others and the world we live in.
We aim to provide every pupil with opportunities to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes which enable them to become effective learners and citizens both within and beyond school by:
• providing every child with learning experiences that enable them to achieve their potential and lead a fulfilling life
• meeting the needs of all by taking into account the differences of gender, ability, ethnicity, cultural, social and religious backgrounds
• promoting the spiritual, moral and cultural, mental and physical development of pupils
• preparing pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life
• encouraging parents and the community to play an active part in life at the school
All of our children have the opportunity to contribute towards decision-making and organisation, taking more responsibility as they get older. PSHE and Citizenship is more than a part of the curriculum, it is a way of life for the whole community.
For example, we invite children to:
• stand as Form Reps on the School Council
• train to become Playground Buddies
• stand as a representative on the Eco Committee
• apply to become prefects, house captains, librarians
• complete questionnaires about life in school
Mrs A Hind
Mrs E McDuff