Effective early learning is about opening minds and encouraging confident communication skills through the sharing of ideas. At its best, early learning is about exciting, stimulating fun and opportunities. Our Early Years department welcomes children aged from 2½.
At Rydal Penrhos School, young children will explore, investigate and question so that they learn while their curiosity and imagination is given full reign. In our latest Estyn report (2013) the inspectors judged both ‘current performance’ and ‘prospects for improvement’ as Good in Early Years. To read the full report click here.
The Foundation Phase
The Foundation Phase has seven areas of learning, where stimluating structured play activities can be woven into the learning experiences. The seven areas of learning and outcomes are:
- Language, Literacy and Communication Skills
- Mathematical Development
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Physical Development
- Creative Development
- Personal and Social Development, Wellbeing
- Cultural Diversity
- Developing linguistic skills in a second language, Welsh
- Learning takes place through well-structured play and by adults extending child-initiated activities.
What to do next
Please contact our Admissions Officer, Susan Williams by calling, 01492 530381 or by emailing, SWilliams@rydalpenrhos.com who would be delighed to answer any questions you might have about joining the school.